Welcome to Child & Family, where we strengthen families, their members, and the communities in which they live. Child & Family is a private, 501(c) 3 Social Service Agency. Every day since 1866, members of the Newport County community have come together at Child & Family to receive help, to give help and to support the work of others.
Throughout the year we are working in the community to provide compassionate care to all those who are in need. We are proud of our outstanding reputation, solid financial history and exceptional professional staff. Child & Family is the oldest and largest social service agency in Newport County.
Help Make A Change In The Communities In Which We Live.
We’d Love to Meet You
Our Human Resources team would love the opportunity to chat with you about the different internship and employment opportunities that we have to offer. Send us an email to schedule a time to talk with us.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Child & Family will not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital status, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other protected category under local, state or federal law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, performance evaluation and management systems, promotions, training, and career development programs. Consistent with these obligations, the Agency also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances, and practices.
Child & Family strives to achieve a workforce that includes representation of qualified affirmative action group members in proportion to the qualified and available target group workforce in the community that we serve.
- 12 holidays, 2-4 weeks’ vacation, 12 sick days, and 1 personal day
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI
- Fully funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) through London Health
Delta Dental of RI
- VSP vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): dependent care and health care through London Health
- Agency paid for New York Life/Cigna life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, and long-term disability
- Supplemental AFLAC insurance
- 401(k) plan: traditional and Roth deferrals, company contribution after 1 year
- Coastline EAP
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program – $2,000 per hired referral
- Discounted childcare available at Middletown building
- Discounted cell phone discount throughVerizon Wireless
- Discounted pet insurance through Nationwide Insurance
- Discounted YMCA membership
- Discounted BJ’s membership
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligible
- RI DOH license and bilingual salary stipends
- Shift differential for night shifts
- Direct deposit and employee self-services throughPaycom
Offers of Employment
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful and favorable completion of:
- Rhode Island Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI)
- National fingerprint check
- Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System (CANTS)
- Tuberculosis test
- COVID-19 vaccination
For positions that require driving to/from client meetings and/or driving clients:
- Valid driver’s license
- Motor vehicle record
- Vehicle registration
- Proof of insurance
For positions within our Sandpipers program as required by the Rhode Island Department of Health:
- 1 dose of Flu vaccine every year
- 2 doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine
- 1 dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine
- 2 doses of Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine