If you  or a loved one is facing homelessness, possible abuse and neglect, or in need of psychiatric hospitalization for a child, the FCCP can be a starting point to create a positive outcome.

We begin by asking about your hopes and dreams, holiday celebrations, cultural traditions and family gatherings to get a sense of your core values and strengths.  These are building blocks to base your new family dynamic from and help reestablish stable connections.  After that you begin to actively meet with professionals and other natural supports for five months on average and up to one year when necessary.  During that time you will engage with community supports and develop a team based plan to create unique solutions for each family member.

Did you know that 40% of FCCP families are referred through the Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF) and the remaining 60% are from medical professionals, schools or direct contact from a family member?  More than 200 families just like yours have been helped this past year alone by this program.

Besides core work with families in a private setting, the FCCP creates public events to bring the community together

  • Community education events
  • Resource fairs
  • Family fun run/walk activities
  • Family fun days
  • Camp scholarships

Ultimately this program thrives through the dedicated partners involved across East Bay, RI, that make a difference with our families.

These fine organizations are currently participating

  • Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County
  • Child & Family
  • Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF)
  • East Bay Center
  • East Bay Community Action Program
  • Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
  • Newport County Community Mental Health Center
  • Newport County YMCA
  • Newport Housing Authority
  • Prevent Child Abuse Rhode Island
  • The Met School
  • The Village Project
  • Women’s Resource Center

Contact us today to learn more about the FCCP and enroll your family.  Involve your organization to get involved with us and our colleagues.  Volunteers for community events are always welcome to participate.  Sponsorships and donor support allow us to engage more families on the path to a successful and healthy future.