They excel in directing those in need to optimal housing options, providing health insurance advice, obtaining necessary medical equipment, linking with support groups and in the winter making arrangements for snow removal.
Our trained volunteer State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) counselors can speak with Medicare beneficiaries and caregivers to answer any questions or concerns you have about health insurance or bills.
SHIP utilizes the resources of the following government agencies, groups and non-profits
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- Medicare Interactive
- Access America for Seniors
- Administration on Community Living (ACL)
- Benefits Check Up
- HealthCare. Gov
- Healthy Aging for Older Adults, by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a)
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
- National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities
- National Council on Aging (NCOA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Senior Health
- Social Security Administration
Our professional information and Referral Specialists offer counseling on health and pharmaceutical plans, Medicare fraud and resources that support senior well-being. We invite you to connect with our team today and clarify your options for better independent living in Rhode Island.