Child & Family’s Foster Care Program utilizes a trauma-informed approach to providing foster care to our youth in Rhode Island. Our program provides therapeutic support to youth who require additional resources to achieve success in the home, school and community. Many of our youth experience emotional and behavioral challenges related to loss and trauma. We know that supporting these youth in a consistent, supportive family setting is crucial to their success. Child & Family offers foster youth and foster families comprehensive support.
Attachment, Regulation, Competency and Community Foster Care 1 & 2 (ARC 1&2) – read more here
- Evidence informed approach to support youth achieve permanency
- Supports children and teens 0-17 years old
- Provides youth with an opportunity to receive trauma informed support in a family setting
- Promotes healthy attachment, regulation, competency and community integration
These levels of support are aimed to meet the individualized needs of youth and their families. Our services are designed to assist families maintain a safe, nurturing and supportive environment for children in our care. In addition, we maintain a strong focus to support our children thrive and achieve success through permanency.
Child & Family is Looking for Foster Parents Who:
- Are caring, responsible individuals, single, married, or partnered willing to be part of a professional team
- Who rent or own a home
- Are at least 21 years of age and can pass a criminal background check
- Are able to participate in a screening, pre-placement and training process
- Receive adequate income to meet their personal and family needs outside of any financial support from foster care reimbursement
Child & Family is Committed to Your Positive Foster Care Experience:
- Child & Family’s Foster Care team provides resources for teens in foster placement and their families.
- Foster Families receive comprehensive training before and during their time of providing care for foster children and teens.
- Foster Families receive supportive foster care staff available to them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Foster Families and children receive weekly face to face therapeutic support from staff including child case management and foster parent behavioral education and support
- Foster Families receive a monthly stipend to assist meet the needs of children and teens placed in their care